|Cybersecurity Contract Requirements & Controls: Navigating The New FAR & DFARS Regulations|
Join NDIA New England for a full day, fast-paced program to gain insight on the latest information in cybersecurity requirements for federal contractors under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). The program will focus on providing prime contractors and subcontractors with the tools needed to ensure and prepare for cybersecurity throughout the supply chain.
The program features keynote speaker, Ms. Marianne Bailey, Principal Director, Deputy CIO for Cybersecurity, DoD CIO, and other government and industry experts, including Mr. Peter Kim, the Air Force Chief Information Security Officer, to break down the FAR and DFARS cybersecurity and breach notification requirements, provide practical suggestions and advice on compliance, and forecast future developments to ensure preparedness.
Date & Time
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
8 am - 4 pm
Raytheon's Freedom Theater
50 Apple Hill Drive
Tewsbury, MA 01876
NDIA Member/Academia: $85
Non-Member Small Business: $95
Government Employee: $75
Note: Pre-registration is required. You may cancel your registration and receive a partial refund (minus the $25 cancellation/processing fee) up to 1 week prior to the event.
In addition to our keynote, the program will feature panels on the following topics:
- Reading the Tea Leaves: NIST, FIPS, DFARS, and FAR: What they all mean and how they're connected.
- Exporting Data, Importing Trouble: Implications of cybersecurity on export controlled data rules and how primes will flow down requirements to -- and monitor compliance of – subcontractors.
- Prime Panel: How prime contractors are addressing new DFARS and FAR rules and how they will flow them down to and monitor compliance by the subs.
- Subprime Panel: How small business/subcontractors are dealing with the new requirements and avenues open to them to address cybersecurity concerns.
- Threats at the Border of Policies and Procedures: Recognizing the distinction between security versus compliance and examining the role of vendors and lawyers in assuring your company's reputation and data are secure.
- Managing Cyber-Defensive Technology: A discussion on how companies must create a cyber-defensive environment if they plan to stay secure.
To see a full agenda, download the pdf here.
Host Sponsor: Platinum Sponsor: Gold Sponsor:
Sponsorships: A limited number of company sponsorships and exhibit tables are available. For more information, please contact Jessica Arienti at (617) 401-3083 or
Media: This event is not open to the media.