- This event has passed.
Advancing National Security Innovation: Fostering DoD/New England Industry Collaboration
June 16, 2016 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Join the NDIA New England Chapter for a one day conference bringing together the federal and local national security innovation communities. The conference will feature distinguished speakers from U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), federal and state agencies, defense contractors, research laboratories, academia, commercial industry, and the financial sector.
The conference will focus on innovation technology sectors with significant DoD and Industry investments: Cybersecurity and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (C4ISR)/ Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). The conference will highlight forward looking investments in these technology sectors and explore challenges and opportunities for DoD/Industry collaboration. There will be ample time built into the agenda for networking.
When: June 16, 2016; 7:45 am – 7:00 pm, Registration opens at 7:00 am
Where: UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center, 50 Warren Street, Lowell, MA 01852
- Marianne Bailey, Principal Director, Deputy CIO for Cybersecurity, DoD CIO
- Steven D. Wert, Program Executive Officer for Battle Management, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Hanscom Air Force Base
- Dr. Camron Gorguinpour, Director of Transformational Innovation for the United States Air Force, Office of the Assistant Secretary (Acquisitions)
- Dr. Brian Pierce, Deputy Director, Information Innovation Office (I2O) Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Charlie Benway, Director, Massachusetts Innovation Bridge, MITRE
- Lee Ann Cochran, Vice President, Business Development and Sales, Battelle
- Dr. Israel Soibelman, Assistant to the Director for Strategic Initiatives, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Governor Charlie Baker, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Panels discussing current innovation trends for cyber security, C4ISR (aka big data, data analytics, advanced sensors), and Unmanned Aerial Systems (including counter Unmanned Aerial Systems)
- New rapid acquisition programs with the US Airforce
- Governor Charlie Baker and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ planned investments to advance national security technology development and commercialization
- Evening networking reception for 1:1 networking with DoD Prime Contractors, Labs, and VCs looking for innovative technologies