- This event has passed.
Agenda Announced! – NDIA New England 4th Annual Cyber Event
October 10, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
A Must for all Contractors in the DoD Supply Chain!
The Event Will Include Top DoD Officials and is the Only New England Stop for the CMMC Listening Tour Featuring Katie Arrington -Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition ASD(A) for Cyber
Registration is now open for the 4th annual NDIA New England Cyber Event. This year’s event will focus on current cybersecurity policy initiatives that will directly affect obligations of prime contractors and their suppliers and the continuing cost of doing business with the DoD. The program will feature an all star group of senior DoD officials and industry experts. Breakfast, lunch and a drone demonstration by Northeastern University’s Expeditionary Cyber and Unmanned Aerial System Research and Development Facility will be provided.
7:30 – 8:15 – Registration & Networking Breakfast
8:15 – 8:30 – Welcome & Introductions
8:30 – 9:30 – Level Setting FAR / DFARS Basics – The FAR and DFARS Cybersecurity Clauses Are Still in Your Contracts!
- Alex Major and Franklin Turner, Co-Chairs of the Government Contracts & ExportControls Practice at McCarter & English, LLP
9:30 – 11:00 – Cybersecurity and the Defense Industrial Base
- Vicki Michetti, Director of Cybersecurity Policy, Strategy, International Engagement and the Defense Industrial Base Cybersecurity Program, DoD Chief Information Office; Mary Thomas,Program Analyst, Office of Defense Pricing and Contracting, Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense (AT&L)
11:00 – 11:30 – Drone Demonstration by Northeastern University Expeditionary Cyber and Unmanned Aerial System Research and Development Facility
- David Kovar, CEO & Founder, USRA Inc.
- Ben Baron, Senior Research Engineer, KRI at Northeastern University
11:30 – 12:15 – The Role of DCMA and a Discussion of the Allowability of Cybersecurity Costs
- Moderator: Jack Gay, EY
- Panelists: John Foley, Director DCMA Contracting Purchasing System Review Group (CPSR); Andy Artz, Principal, Government Contracts Services, EY; Sheralyn Fallon, Manager, Subcontracts, Draper
12:15 – 1:15 – Lunch and Keynote: The Air Force’s Efforts to Bake-In / Bolt-On Cyber Resiliency
- Joe Bradley, Director of the Cyber Resiliency Office for Weapons Systems at Hanscom Air Force Base
1:15 – 3:00 – CMMC Listening Tour:: Katie Arrington, Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition ASD(A) for Cyber, addresses the latest developments in DoD’s Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
3:00 – 3:45 – Stairway to Heaven: Securing Data from the Ground to the Cloud – Examining Strategies and Technologies that Allow Contractors to Secure Data Anywhere It May Reside
- Moderator: Alex Major
- Panelists: Matti Neustadt Storie, Privacy and Data Security Evangelist, NetApp.Com;Nick DeLena, Senior IT Audit Manager, OCD-Tech.com;Ryan Bonner; Compliance Consultant, Steelroot.us;George Wrenn, Founder & CEO Cybersaint.io;Randy Battat, CEO, Preveil
3:45 – 4:30- Cybersecurity:How to Put It All Together and Keep It All Together – A Soup-to-Nuts Examination of How Large Primes and Subs Employ Technologically Advanced Solutions to Meet Contractual Requirements
- Moderator: Dan Kelly, McCarter English, LLP
- Panelists: Scott Halecki, Deputy Director Cyber Technology Product Line – BAE Systems Fast Labs,Paul Escobedo, Director, Information Assurance, GBS IT Security, Raytheon Company;Sheralyn Fallon, Manager, Subcontracts, Draper; Larry Lieberman, Cyber Evangelist, eResilience; Joanne L Chabot, Senior Supply Chain Compliance, General Dynamics Mission Systems
Date/Time: October 10th, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Northeastern University Innovation Campus, Building 5, 147 South Bedford Street, Burlington, MA
Registration Fee: $200 NDIA Members, $225 Non-NDIA Members – Includes breakfast and lunch
Thank You to Our Sponsors!